A downloadable game
- "The writing and characters are what stands out here. Despite the game's short length, they're well-written and easy to care for, and the game's emotional moments hit excellently." - Jum, Steam
- "Retrace is an ambitious first attempt, and gets a lot right." - UpperCut Crit
- "Retrace is the mashup of Nier Automata, Zero Escape and horror you wanted" - PlayDiaries
A WORLD THAT DESIRES YOUR DEATH
You and your friends find yourself in a strange, unforgiving place. Frantically you seek a way out, but death lurks at every corner, and when it finds you — that’s when your resolve is rewarded with the ability to rewind time. What path will lead you out? What decisions will you have to make? And what secrets will you uncover in the dark?
A RICH TRADITION
Explore a beautifully atmospheric 2D world with a mix of pixel art and painted portraits. Within it you’ll find a mixture of traditional logic puzzles and heart-pounding action sequences, as well as secrets and mysteries.
DEATH IS YOUR TEACHER
This world desires your death, but that does not mean the end. Use what you learn on one path to explore further down another. Find shortcuts, piece together clues and study patterns that will lead you to victory.
USE YOUR HEAD OR LOSE IT
Freya is faced with locked door after locked door in her quest to escape, and the only way to unlock them is to play her captor's game--solving the logic puzzles contained within each room. The consequences for getting them wrong can be ... unpleasant.
QUEER ROMANCE IN DANGEROUS PLACES
Complicating matters is Freya's long-standing crush on her best friend, Mia. Will the terror of their experience bring them closer together, or tear them apart? And what of Claire, the prisoner who admires Freya as her saviour? Freya's choices will influence more than just her survival, but also her relationships.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Retrace is being developed by Spider Lily Studios lead developer Els White, with programming assistance by Julian Adams, art by Domi Cesarz and music by harmonicblend.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Bulk key purchases
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Purchase this and get a copy of the OST at a discount!
4 extra keys!
Save $10 when you buy a set of 5 keys! Got friends who'd like the game? Why not gift them a copy?
Purchasing this pack will give you a total of five itch or Steam download keys; simply include the number of each you'd prefer (for example, 2 itch, 3 Steam). If the total number you enter is above 5, itch keys will take priority.
- Post-update devlog and patch notes24 days ago
- Updated Demo!87 days ago
- November: Preorders and release date!92 days ago
- Devlog for (mid)July!Jul 18, 2019
- Demo 0.5.2 patch out now!Jun 21, 2019
- Demo 0.5.1 patch out now!Jun 13, 2019
- Retrace Demo OUT NOW!Jun 12, 2019
- Resurfacing from the Development OceanMay 16, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.